Farmhouse Cutting Board Planter | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Farmhouse Cutting Board Planter

Monday, May 9, 2016

Farmhouse Cutting Board Planter


The Dose of DIY group has put together a bunch of great ideas for you this month by using Coastal or Farmhouse themed projects with reclaimed netting/driftwood/shells/weathered wood/pallets.

I chose farmhouse style and used reclaimed wood (from an old bookshelf) for a wooden wall hangout or succulent planter. Using a cutting board as a pattern, I traced it slightly larger to fit the width of the wooden bowl I was using. Then roughly sanded it for some distress. 

And then, cut the bowl exactly in half. 



To attach the bowl halves, they would need to be screwed on from the back. By tracing the outline of the bowl parts in place on the cutting board, I could mark the drill holes. 



After I drilled the holes for the screws and the handle for hanging, I stained the cutting board. 

When the stain dried, I glued the bowl parts in place. That helped them to stay put while I screwed the wood screws from the back of the cutting board. 



Now it's ready to hang!



Really easy, ey? 



It's somewhat primitive but certainly farmhouse style.



It can be used for small kitchen gadgets. 



Or keys. 
Or succulents. 




Cute planter! 





This can be made with actual cutting boards but I'm using all of mine right now. I'll definitely be making more of these. 



Now that you've seen what I created with this month's theme, let's go on over to check out the other ideas from the rest of the group!




No comments:

Post a Comment