Thank you for joining me for the St. Patrick’s Day Blog Hop!
I’ve joined the team of 16 talented bloggers to share St. Patrick’s Day crafts. We were given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to craft a creation using items from the dollar store or the dollar section of other local stores.
I chose 8 dollar store items to make a St. Patrick's Day Centerpiece.
1 felt hat
1 package of two round floral foam
4 green tipped white carnation bunches
1 green carnation bunch
1 package of 12 foam shamrocks (contains 6 glittered and 6 plain green) but I only used the 6 glittered
Some hot glue and glue gun
1. To make the hat bouquet, I started by gluing on a glittered foam shamrock on each side of the hat. (off centered to the right on each side)
2. Then inserted the floral foam; snugged tightly into the hat.
3. Using wire cutters, snipped off each individual flower about 4" to 5".
4. Inserted all of the flowers into the foam to create a tight bouquet.
1. To make the penny shamrock picks, I glued pennies onto 4 of the glittered shamrocks.
2. Using 2 of the leftover wire stems from the flower bunches, I cut off the straggly stem parts to make a long straight stem and glued it onto the back of 2 of the shamrocks.
3. Then "sandwiched" each shamrock with hot glue to have it the same on each side of the pick.
4. Finally, inserted them into the carnation bouquet.
I think to glam it up for the table, I'll add some of those gold foil covered chocolate coins... sitting in the flowers. Just for a little dessert fun; after St. Patrick's Day dinner!