Easter Egg Decorating Ideas | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Easter Egg Decorating Ideas

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Easter Egg Decorating Ideas



It's that time to start gathering things and ideas for egg decorating. It's not my favorite craft, so I don't produce anything fantastic. Generating ideas for you is something I can do though.


Blowing Out Eggs 
 Using a  long straight pin, poke a single hole at the point of the egg.  Then at the bottom. 

I used a manicure orange stick to poke through the bottom hole to make it bigger to release the egg white and yolk easier. It also breaks the yolk. 

I used my kitchen sink to do this. 
Blow out the contents from the point of the egg, and allowing it to pass through the bottom. 
Once the egg is empty, rinse it out with water. Filling the egg from the bottom and shaking it 
until the water comes out clean may take several attempts. Allow the eggs to dry out for a day or two. 


Decorating Ideas 
I resized a print out to decoupage one of the eggs.
After all this one seemed appropriate for a hen egg.
I love rooster decor in the kitchen.


Egg form is not easy to work with.  Small stickers or stencils would be amazingly nicer.
Something you may want to consider. 

I added white glue swirls for relief design on one half of the egg at a time to allow drying for each side. 

Ready for painting. 

Rooster Egg
I used a waterbase stain and let it dry. Then clear coated the whole egg.



Black and Gold 
I spray painted this egg in gloss black.  When dried, I used gold glitter stickers and
 hot glued an embellishment all around the egg.  It was very simple. 


Pink Hibiscus 
Using colored pencils and a fine point black sharpie for this, I drew the flower and greenery.
Then painted the blue around the egg.  Then clear coated the whole thing. 



Wild West Wood Look 
Using a waterbase stain again, and a black sharpie to write the year on this one. 



Distressed Turquoise
Using the white glue again, I just swirled a bunch of "S" shapes all over the egg. Then painted it turquoise. Over that, a watered down black paint to distress the blue. 


Princess Pink 
Using a pink highlighter pen, I colored the entire egg. Then hot glued pearl and
silver beads on the egg for this design. 

White Lily 
I spray painted this egg black gloss, dried then hand painted on a white lily with oil paints. 



White Glue Relief 
White glue relief design, painted whole egg in black acrylic, then lightly sanded to reveal the swirls. 




Blown out eggs last as long as they don't crack.
I hope I inspired you with some ideas. There are so many combinations and techniques. Lots of different media to use too. Yarns, colored strings, buttons, jewelry, paints, sequins,  newspaper strips, stickers and on and on.  Have fun!





I painted this egg in 1997 




Happy Easter 2014! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~











 Here


The Weekly Round-Up

35 comments:

  1. Inspired x a million. These are soo good and amazing. Is there nothing you cannot do? I remember blowing out eggs with my Mom when we were all young. After we colored them, we slipped something into the hole and hung all the eggs on a homemade Easter tree that were branches we spray painted white. Happy Easter and thanks for creating these gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing eggs! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white Easter tree idea, Sue! And, to add something to the eggs is a nice surprise. That's creative! Thank you for enjoying my post and sharing your fabulous Easter memory. It must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eggs are amazing :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Those are all amazingly unique - I love the black and gold egg and the wild west egg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what incredible egg designs! Thanks so much for sharing at The Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful! you have a lot of talent Robin! And the idea of using glue and then painting over it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The two the you like, were the easiest to do. Thank you, Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping, Katie! I'm enjoying "The Makers". :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thank you! Isn't it amazing how far we can go with white glue? This technique can be used on ANYTHING. Furniture, decor, frames, windows... anything it sticks to. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These eggs are gorgeous! I love the black and gold egg!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, looks like you've had fun "playing" with all your craft materials. I love how you used the glue to get the raised effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. April @ 100lbcountdownApril 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

    OMG! These are beautiful. I don't know if I could do anything like this or have the materials for it. Now that I think of it, I just cracked a few eggs for dinner, I should've saved them for a project like this. Thank you so much for sharing with Countdown in Style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was fun :)
    Thank you for stopping by Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, thank you April! The white glue type just need dry time. Other than that, it's quite easy with some paint, markers, stickers and scrap embellishments. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ARod@MakinMyAptaHomeApril 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

    love these very creative and love the glamed up Easter look these give

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. I wish I had the patience to do that. Thanks for sharing at the My Favorite Things Party. Hope to see you again this week Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are super neat!!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Twirl & Take a Bow!

    - Brooke -

    ReplyDelete
  19. These turned out beautiful. I love how you used the glue on the eggs. It adds just something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  20. JENerally InformedApril 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM

    Those are breathtakingly beautiful! I have never "blown out an egg" and just for the pure science fun of it will need to try it with the kids! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, these are fabulous. I love them all. . Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dee - A Lapin LifeApril 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

    I love your decorated Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Theresa! I'll be there, and thank you for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Brooke! I was addicted to peeking at all of the Twirl & Take a Bow posts. I'll keep returning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is an interesting technique that can be applied to many projects. I'm going to add it to furniture next. But, I'll need to thicken the glue, and I'll post how once I have it working correctly. It will be a try and test idea. Glad you like the eggs Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, you can! The black and gold is super easy with stickers and a sewing notion on a roll from Michaels. Have fun making yours!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's not my favorite, Jen, but kids will find it fun for sure! It takes gentle but steady pressure to poke and blow out the eggs. I've broken and cracked a few myself. Have fun with your decorating time :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're welcome! Thanks for having me and visiting too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much, Marty, for liking them and having me. :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, Dee, keep watching as I add more. I've edited twice since posting as another idea pops up. I'm glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete