This thrift shop find is what I had in mind for a chalkboard because of the ornate frame.
I didn't even plan to take the print out of it. Nor did I make any repairs on the frame, leaving it as is, cracks and all.
All I did was clean the frame and glass.
Then used painter's tape to protect the frame from any paint.
I've used this chalkboard spray before on glass (the teachers' chalkboard painted planters)...
so I knew it would hold up on this glass.
I sprayed on one even layer.
And waited for it to dry thoroughly.
The anticipation... I wanted to write on it and try it out "write away"! (wink!)
I tested writing and erasing and was tickled this project was so gal dang easy!
And pretty good looking too!
I'm taking this on the road for my booth sales!
Another made in a day project! The best kind.