Got Belts? | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Got Belts?

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Got Belts?

Renewed chair seats that were ripped and frayed rush. 



I'm probably going to be known as the crazy belt lady. I love belts. Just the good'uns. 

Never having enough leather belts, I go searching yard sales and thrift shops for them. Occasionally paying full price for the "perfect one" in shops too.  They are for my projects that need trimming up.  Some pieces or styles require the look of leather and that is when I dig into my box of goodies.


This wild habit started with my cowboy boots. I decided to get crafty and dress up the pair of boots using belts and purse trimmings.

Trusty old boots saw better days before scooping up around the horse barns. 




Well, not REALLY dressed up... kind of a worn and distressed up look. After 15 years of wear, it shows, and I'm not ready to toss them. Adding this wood bead and leather belt while rearranging some of the beads certainly added a little character to my old kickers. That became a minor addiction as I added the same theme to all of my leather boots.

These here are REALLY old. I wore holes in the soles... so I didn't wear them on rainy days.  Hubby had them resoled for me to keep my feet dryer.   As long as my feet don't pop out the sides;  they are keepers. 



My whole boot shin-dig put together. I shoulda lined em up from oldest to youngest, like my kids. They are just like my kids; no matter how old they are, I love'm to pieces.  


I ain't ever looked at a belt the same again.  

Except for this one; look at it every day the same way. I love belts and only wear one. It's a men's heavy leather that I'm wearing out (inches at a time) and it'll most likely get used in a project someday. 


Plain Jane belt. Men's. (the only way I'll ever sport a "38 kinda special" on these heavy hips)
I've only gussied it up with various buckles. 



So anyways, I had these sorry butt chairs...





That I did this to:




It was ugly for awhile but it was better on the sorry butts.


The ugly grew old mighty fast. 






That belt idea came into play. Weaving them onto the chairs looked a whole lot better.





Although an easy upcycle, this project went off like a herd of turtles.   It took about 80 belts for the four chairs. That was a lot of thrifting and pickin'.  



But ended up finer than a frog's hair. 


See that?  Belts are handier than a shirt on a pocket ;) 





All fine and dandy, right?  Well I ain't ever looked at projects the same neither.







I fixed it up all pretty like with belts and paint. 

I

It just seemed like the proper thing to do. 


Keep going? 
Is a five pound robin fat?  I'm gathering a whole passel of ideas. 





Admiring these feisty girl gunslingers, I framed them. Adding the belts almost gives the feeling they were worn by the best shooters. 
Gotta get me a holster for my belt to put my drill gun in. 


The tissue box, an after thought, with a belt wrapped around it makes a cute flower holder. 


Calamity Jane probably had a few awesome belts to sport her tools.  
(I really love the boots in this photo.)






And the latest project really needed that belted up touch...





Now, I'm not going to go all hog wild and do this to every project. Just the ones that look right for it.




Reckon I'm not done using belts.  I got my eyes on a road rescue chair that is askin' for a whoopin' and it's gonna get the belt! 

After I'm long gone, I just might be remembered as "you know, that crazy one that always put belts on stuff". 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Featured at 

Midweek Reads





With Debra, MsMoozy's Open House 










30 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous, I love it all. Now I have to find some belts. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those chairs are stunning simply stunning great job on redoing them wow I'm so gonna start looking out for belts on the thrift store runs awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that belt seat! I've got to pin this one on my Recycled and Repurposed board. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pin, Deb! I appreciate the sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belt chairs came out great! This is such a unique idea - I would have never thought of using belts to repurpose furniture! Aren't you smart? :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chairs. They look fantastic, and I bet they are super sturdy. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being desperate to repair my chairs lead to this. The leather wears quite well. If any become worn, it's easy to weave in another belt. Thanks, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more. Looking into the rush repair, I found it expensive and the process would need to be done again eventually with wearing out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heidi! Yes they are wearing quite nicely after nine months of use so far. Thank you, and have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam@over50feeling40August 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM

    You always have such great ideas! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so cool! I love this. Pinned. We truly love you being a part of our party. I hope you get chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/

    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea of using these belts in so many ways! :-) Please stop by Tuesdays with a Twist live on my blog and see that I have featured this post. Thanks again and have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you are trying this. It will be fun, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I'll be! You are such a sweetheart! Thank you, Debra! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the belt chairs...80 belts oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas! I love the belt chair that is brilliant! Thanks for sharing at the party @DearCreatives Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dawn Spatulas On ParadeAugust 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM

    Your post cracks me up! I love the belt bottom chairs and am sure it feels better than the duct tape.
    Thanks for sharing your great ideas with us at The Southern Special this week and last. Dawn @Dawn Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so clever! I love belts too, but never would have thought of these creative uses. Inspiring post! Thanks for sharing with Pin Your Friday Favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring tomorrow at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, Belts Belts and Belts, I love them all!!! I am featuring your post on my Weekend Party, hope you can make your way over to check out the feature!!! I was excited to share on Oh My Heartsie Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the invite! Happy to share and see other links! See ya in a jiffy~

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh so much better! :) I'm so glad to be a part of the Ms Cotton Candy crew! More tickled you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, shucks, Mindie!!! I'll be by for sure! Thank ya so kindly!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woo hoo! I'm tickled pink and will be there! Thank you, Karren!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a great idea! You're a genius, I never would have thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Camille! I hope you try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Dear,

    The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents.

    Solar yard lights - Get the best deal on solar lights outdoor, solar garden lights, solar garden decorations, solar pathway lights, solar path lights, solar walkway lights, solar yard lights, solar landscape lights & solar stake lights on amazon.com from great selection at Sogrand Industry Inc Store.


    Visit the product page: - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJNH52Y

    Sogrand Industry,Inc,15 Years Solar Light Manufacturer Directly Sells on Amazon.

    Best Solar Lights Collection Storefront: - https://www.amazon.com/shops/sogrand

    ReplyDelete