Wing Back Chair Makeover - Take A Seat | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Wing Back Chair Makeover - Take A Seat

Friday, November 20, 2015

Wing Back Chair Makeover - Take A Seat


It's that time again!

This time The Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest has us taking a seat... and flipping it into a new life with amazing winning fabric designs from Minted.

It was quite difficult to narrow down my final choice after having nine favorite printed fabrics... out of hundreds.  Really, really, really difficult! It went down to five; then three.

Because the print design needed to be large for a wingback chair, I ended up with "Branch Toss". It's a Design Challenge Winner by Althea and Ruth.

Then, I had to decide between three neutral shades. It wasn't easy. After closing my eyes and pointing, the order was finally placed.

Here it is!  I was so excited about it that I kept touching it. (weird, but true)

Contest is sponsored and the fabric is supplied by Minted. 

Let's take a look at what I had to work with:


I saw this badly stained wingback chair getting tossed out on the curb, so I asked the guy if I could take it and redo it. He said, "Sure, help yourself!"
I said, "Thank ya, kindly!"

Ha... this piece of trash ended up as my choice subject for the contest.

The upholstery was quite the mess. But the chair had good bare bones.

I started with the cute little legs. After realizing I was not going to paint them, I sanded them down to refinish them. Look what I found...


natural tree growth! That's just too amazing. Now I know that "Branch Toss" was meant to be for this chair.

I ended up clear waxing the gorgeousness.

As for the rest of that chair, I wondered what I got myself into.
Yikes!


Blood, sweat and tears went into it.


After several days... and nights... that felt like 40...


I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.


Gorgeous fabric











So, back to the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest. 


This month's theme is "Take a Seat" and November participants were challenged to recreate any seating item with fabric sponsored and supplied by Minted. 
Minted is a design marketplace of independent artists from around the world. Minted offers an extensive array of fabric by the yard in hundreds of crowdsourced designs and color schemes.


The contest hosts are 

Evey at Evey's Creations 
Stacy at Anastasia Vintage (Featured host this month)

The contest co-hosts are 

Lynn at On Fern Avenue  
Colleen at 58 Water Street (Featured co-host)


I can't wait  to see the gorgeous pieces created by everyone; including our hostesses! 



The Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest is open only to the entrants who have signed up through the group Facebook page. If you are an active, furniture flippin' blogger, and you'd like to participate in future contests, please contact the hosts at info@fabfurnitureflippincontest.com to find out how!


Wish me luck! 










No comments:

Post a Comment