Repurposed Treadle Machine Cover into Decor | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Repurposed Treadle Machine Cover into Decor

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Repurposed Treadle Machine Cover into Decor


I finally decided what to do with that treadle sewing machine lid! Those of you who follow me know that I used a beat up sewing machine for parts to make an upcycled table.  And also utilized the drawers to restore another treadle sewing machine. Very few parts of the top of that baby are left!

Now, I'm using this lid for wall art.


Just by gluing and clamping the lid back together...


then sanding it...
and printing out a cool Route 66 sign to decoupage...


it's perfectly themed for the room I'm working on!



And that...
was it!
Chicka chicka boom boom...


and perfect decor for this room!


It goes with the lamp I made over recently.


Another super easy project!


I'm was so glad to use that old oak lid and reclaim it for something new.
What would you put onto reclaimed wood for decor?
So many possibilities and styles to think of!





6 comments:

  1. dang robin i am freaking over this room so awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to tell you i am having the surgery on my back tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see the room when it's complete. You have put so much love into all the personal touches like this cute recycle. I know it is going to be awesome, awesome, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chris, I hope you are doing better and it went well!!! When you are feeling up to it, let me know how you are doing. Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery! OX HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a vintage lamp, lol, another easy project with a great impact. The hardest part was covering the shade. (That curve cut is always tricky) Have you done any shade makeovers? I started a lampshade board on Pinterest so I can learn tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been work, but so worth it. Getting closer to finished! (YAY!!!)
    I can't wait to post the complete project. Thank you so much, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete