Painting Walls and The Toy Guitar Week 2 - One Room Challenge | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Painting Walls and The Toy Guitar Week 2 - One Room Challenge

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Painting Walls and The Toy Guitar Week 2 - One Room Challenge


The Tween Bedroom Week 2 



Between working on the plan and eyeing my inspirational board during week one, the progress of painting walls was successful. 

After looking through several brands and 50 shades of gray, I finally selected  Sherwin Williams in "Repose Gray" for the walls. A light shade with the hint of blue. 


In eggshell finish. 



The light shade is perfect! 

Daylight shade (painted walls have different shades and that is concerning)
Bouncing light shades are working. 


Nighttime shade with lights on:


Both day and night works fine.

Trying to work my son's moonlight and telescope into the new theme is a bit tricky... but I think it will fit in after all.


My son has outgrown his little guitars. Having the intention of upcycling two of them, one for his room and another for the music room, this Pinterest inspiration had the perfect Americana theme.


This little "first" guitar ...


"grew up-cycled". 


How I did this is posted "here". 



The room is off to a great start!

Let's head on over and see how everyone else is doing at the


One Room Challenge™ Linking Event, Spring 2015, Week 2



Check out the links showcasing the work and progress of all the talented participants here: 




and here:  




Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

  1. That guitar is amazing. I'll have to read the post on how you did that. Great work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint color & how fun that you are using those little guitars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the entire plan will come together. Thanks so much for checking in, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea to use that mini guitar! I can´t wait to see how everything turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're as excited as I am, Jenni!
    Maybe I got in too deep... I'm making things vs buying and there is a crazy DIY mess going on. Thank you for following along!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we were choosing paint we got all the swatches and stuck them up next to the jarrah door frame and left them there for a few days, everytime we walked past we would remove the ones that didn't look good with the lighting for that time of day. We kept doing that until there was just one left and we knew that was the right colour to use. I love that you cared about what the colour would like at different times of the day. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the guitars because maybe I can convince hubby to do something cool with his old one instead of having it collect dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fantastic way of choosing your paint! I'll use your tip for the next room, thank you for the great idea, Stella!
    If you paint that guitar, I just gotta see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the guitar is doomed to remain ugly - oh well.

    ReplyDelete