Tractor Seat Stool | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Tractor Seat Stool

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tractor Seat Stool


I love great finds at flea markets...
...like this steel tractor seat.


I thought it would be awesome to mount it on this steel stool I found at Goodwill.  


Putting this together is going to make a great stool for my son's bedroom makeover.
With red, white and blue theme accents; I opted to do the seat in red.


I freshened up the stool with black paint.


Then drilled a hole through the seat of the stool to fit the tractor seat's original bolt and nut to attach it.

Then tightened up the nut from underneath.


Done!

What a super-duper-easy-peasy project!


Now we have a cool boy stool!


I may sand it here and there to bare steel for a distressed industrial look. Just waiting to see how the rest of the room pulls together before I do that in case a finished look is better. We'll make that call a little later.


For now, my tween hopped right on it and loves it!


I'd like to find a few more of these tractor seats because they are surprisingly comfortable for a hard surface. One for the hubby's garage, one for my workshop, a few around the firepit... ;)





Now back to work ... I've got painted dressers and other bedroom updates waiting for me to finish up.


I'm getting excited for the final touches and hope they inspire you for some ideas that you can use too!

Thank you for popping in!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



29 comments:

  1. Robin you are always so creative! I know your son must be so excited about his bedroom reveal. I love everything you've done so far. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. robin i wish i lived next door to you even though i am an old woman and you're a spring chicken we could be good friends i just love what you do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet makeover Robin - love it! Now I want to know more about that car in the background. Vintage Camaro? Is it being restored?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello gorgeous! I love seeing your masterpieces.Thank you for bringing such great things to our party. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm.. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfect for any boys room and so creative to marry these two pieces. Love it. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it- turned out fantastically!! Thank you for bringing your latest make to Snickerdoodle Sunday- hope to see you again when the weekend rolls around.

    Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how it turned out! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Idea Box! Hope you party with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome...You always have unique finishes on your blog! Thanks for sharing with Home Matters linky party. We hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea! I never would have thought to do this! I love the red, too. :) Thanks for sharing at Motivational Monday! Hope to see you again on Sunday. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really fun! The fire engine red just DOES IT! i JUST ADORE all your contributions to our linky party. See you again Sunday!!! Have a great weekend! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red tractor seat. It's so much fun to repurpose stuff,...thanks for the inspiration!

    I've pinned your post, thanks for sharing at #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup ...hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so happy to have such a dramatic change. It's fun for me to watch him race to his room to see the updates each day after school. The room is more functional and age appropriate. I'm beside myself that you like the changes! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my... LOL, I'm more like an old hen trying to be a spring chicken! :)
    I wish we lived closer too. The long distance friendship is just as nice; thank you, Chris! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a Chevelle; Parked next to Firebird. Another Chevelle is in the garage. (Hubby's restoration projects) This one runs fantastic. I can't wait for him to finish them and I'll be sure to post them! :)
    Do you like vintage vehicles too?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the pin, Kim!!! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting and visiting, Cathy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will definitely! Thank you for the kind visit and invite, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Sharon! My husband wants a tractor seat stool too. So I'm searching for more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for hosting and coming over, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will and appreciate your visit and invite! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so thrilled to have you stop by with such a nice compliment! Thank you, Zan... I will stop over!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's his favorite color too! Thank you for hosting and visitng! I'll stop over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Rose!!!
    So happy to have you come over! I'll be visiting back :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for pinning!!!
    I look forward to stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is lovely! It would look nice for the living room or even the bedroom! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have the neatest projects! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Hope you can make it again this week.

    ReplyDelete